Friday, October 10, 2008

Lake Powell

Well we're back and it's cold and we're sad! Lake Powell was a blast! The weather was perfect, the monster was very well behaved, and we had a much needed break. It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful Lake Powell is. It took my breath away every single day I was there. I truly love being there and was so happy to have been able to take Holdyn there to share in all of the fun! We had lots of adventures... Holdyn hated the water to start with, but started getting used to it by the end of the trip. Cory and I got on the tube with him and he cried the entire time. But he loved it the second time :) He loved playing on the beach with his aunt Grace. They made mud balls and castles galore! We had so much fun with Kirby there. She was a huge help and kept everyone laughing. But I think the person who loved her most... Harry! Oh Harry! The water slide kept us plenty busy while Holdyn slept (which was quite a bit, thank heavens!) We fished a lot and caught tons of fish :) Sleeping under the stars was one of my very favorite things. The sky is completely different when you're there without the city lights. It's absolutely incredible! I will post more fun stories when I have more time, but I wanted to get some pics up. And for some reason I can't post slide shows in my posts so see below!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, I am JEALOUS! I haven't been in 8 years :( I am glad you guys had a good time.

Gibbons Family said...

I love lake powell so much! I am way jealous! We went there last year with Damon but I am hoping to be able to get there next year too! We used to go a couple times a year when I was little!