Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Mom

I have been wanting to write down my memories of my mom this last year for a long time. My mom and I have always had a great relationship. But over the last year, I feel like it has gotten even closer. My mom was 17 when she gave birth to me. She left an unhealthy relationship to raise me the best way she knew how. She worked full time and got a college degree. All of that was enough for me to respect and look up to her for the rest of my life. But then I had Holdyn. It had been a long few days for Cory and I, so a few hours after Holdyn was born, Cory went home to get some sleep. My mom stayed with me and I am forever thankful. We had so much fun staring at that baby! He lifted his head up and looked at us and we were so thrilled!!The next fews weeks were very hard for me. Holdyn wasn't nursing well, he was crying a lot, and although Cory handled things brilliantly, I needed my mom. Luckily she lives 6 minutes away so I could call her anytime and she would be at my house. I called her in the middle of the night, morning and afternoon. She was at my house everyday. And just her presence made me feel so much better. She helped me through the nursing trouble and I am so thankful because I adored nursing Holdyn. It was such a special thing for him and I to share. I don't think I would have persevered through without my mom. And there is no one else on this planet who adores Holdyn more than she does! She loves everything about him. She talks about him more than I do! She thinks he's so smart, beautiful, well behaved, sweet, the list goes on and on! I love to hear what she loves about my little boy. It means so much to hear her say she thinks I'm a good mom. She misses Holdyn if she hasn't seen him for more than a day. She LOVES taking him overnight on the weekends, and so do Cory and I! We are never worried about him when he's there. They will have such a special bond for life. And hopefully she'll take him when the terrible teenage years hit! ! Thanks for everything mom. I know I don't say it enough. Holdyn and I are so lucky you are the role model I have. I love you!!!





2 comments:

Tawny said...

OMG! Taylor, I am totally crying at work! That is the most beautiful thing I've ever read...I can witness that the relationship you two have is truly one-of-a-kind...Love you both!

Jess said...

So sweet, Taylor. I hope your mom read this one...