Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sweetest Boy

I have to say that I might have the sweetest little boy in the world. We've had a rough month. Holdyn had to go to Primary Children's hospital to have a staph infection opened up and cleaned. It was awful and watching your child scream in pain, even while being sedated, tops my list of most awful things I've ever been through. But my sweet boy smiled at the nurses and doctors as soon as they stopped touching him. He gave them the sweetest smiles he has. That may have had something to do with him being loopy from the sedation, but nonetheless, he smiled at these mean people :) And they patched him up and we're finishing antibiotics now. We're praying he will not get another infection and that we'll never have to do that again. As soon as we were done with all of that, he got the flu! He has had the flu for the last week and excluding a few minor whines, he has been so stinking sweet. Laying with his mom (but mostly his dad) while watching Handy Manny and Sesame Street. Smiling and being happy every chance he gets. And even when he tells me "No," it's in the sweetest little voice and I can't get enough of it. I'll ask him if he wants a drink ten times just to hear him tell me no in that sweet song way he does it. I love it and I don't want to forget it, hence this post :) One thing I'm thankful for out of the craziness of the last few weeks is that we got it out of the way for Christmas! I think this week will be the best one yet! I can't wait for Christmas!! And I can't wait to see this gorgeous little face when I wake up to the beginning of our best week yet...

1 comment:

Gibbons Family said...

I am so glad that Holdyn is doing better! Have a very Merry Christmas!