Wednesday, July 1, 2009

24 Months (i.e. I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD!)

6/28/2007...

Holdyn -
I have had such mixed emotions about you turning 2. On one hand, I am so excited to see you grow and learn new things. You are soooo smart and it's such a thrill everytime you learn something new. Sometimes I can't believe you are as smart as you are. Some of the things that come out of your mouth stop me in my tracks! But then there's that part of me that misses you being so tiny and cuddley. You've always been an easy baby, so I can't say that it's harder now, but it was definately easier to cuddle you! Now you tell me "No, no, nooo!" when I try to love you when you don't want to be loved! I guess I can't complain... you are constantly giving me kisses and hugs. But I'm sure it will never be enough for your mama :) You are turning into a little boy and you only have a few baby features left. Everyday you act older and older, more independant, and so much smarter! You love to be outside and it makes me wonder if you have some sort of special connection to nature. You have always loved being outside, even from the beginning. If you were fussy, all we had to do was walk outside and you would immediately stop crying. So we try to be outside as much as possible :) You love to hang out with daddy and his friends. Just this last week I came home to you and Uncle Carter and one of daddy's friends, all with your shirts off hanging out in the backyard. It was so funny so see you standing there acting like one of the big boys! Here are some of the things you are doing now:

You LOVE Littlest Pet Shops. You play with Grace and Madison's Pet Shops anytime you can and you get so excited about it!

Everytime we drive past Grandma Sahleen's house, you say "I wanna go to Gammas!!" It is so funny to me that you know where she lives. You're only 2!
You ask to see the goats by Grandma Sahleen's house everytime we pass them. If they are not outside, you tell me they are "na-night!"

We are working on your ABCs and you can get to H with no problem. Then you mumble your way to the end throwing in the correct letters here and there!

You know all the words to Amazing Grace, Twinkle Twinkle, The Peacock "Cock Cock" Song, and Rock A Bye Baby.

You still let me cuddle you while we read stories and sing before bed. After stories, I tell you to turn off the lamp and you tell me, "I will kiss you!!!" And then you kiss me a million times! Then I rock you and kiss you and lova you right before you go down for bed. It's my favorite time of the day :)

You love doing Itsy Bitsy spider.

Everynight before bed, you climb under your crib and get all your binkys you dropped the night before. Then you put them in a box and we rock with them. It's too funny!

You and daddy have invented a million different kinds of hugs but you give Monster and Dolphin hugs the most.

I guess I say "Oh my gosh" a lot because anytime I say "Oh my..." you finish my sentence by saying "Goshhhh!"

You are the best remedy for a bad day, a sick day, or an ornery mood. I love your personality. You are by far one of the coolest people I know. You are always cool and calm, no matter where you are. I love everything about you. There is still not one thing I would change about you. I love you little 2 year old.


3 comments:

The Emerys said...

I cant believe he is 2. Where does the time go? Sorry we couldnt make it to Holdyns birthday party I hope it was good and we will have to get together soon.

Elisha said...

That was a touching post! I loved it! I can't beleive you have a 2 year old ;)

Jess said...

Super cute Taylor! He is a little boy now isn't he? :)