Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MJ



Those of you who know me well had to know this was coming :) I pretty much ADORED Michael Jackson. It was a dream of mine to see him in concert one day. I really thought I would get to have that experience. But now, I will just have to reminisce about all of my MJ memories…

  • The first time I watched Thriller was in my Great Grandma's living room and I had nightmares about it!
  • When I was 8ish, I would turn up the Dangerous CD in the basement and dance & sing my heart out. I have such fond memories of the goose bumps and emotions I would get listening to him, even at a very young age.
  • I thought “Liberian Girl” was “Librarian Girl” for so long! This may explain why I loved to read so much :)
  • I remember LOVING the Black and White video. I watched it again this weekend and was laughing at the special effects. Remember when the morphing faces at the end was like, the coolest thing anyone had ever seen?! We’ve come a long way :)
  • "Speechless" brings me to tears every time I hear it. It reminds me of my 2 boys :)
  • Anytime anyone even mentions meeting Michael Jackson or going to his concert, I lose all sense of control! I turn into a 13 year old girl and flip my lid. I have no control over it and I'm sure it annoys Cory to no end. MJ is my Jonas Brother... times a trillion!

It is definitely a weird feeling to be this sad about someone I have never even met. I grew up with Michael Jackson. I danced, sang, cried, and laughed with him. He inspired me, entertained me, and gives me goose bumps every time I hear one of his songs. There has never been a time in my life that there wasn't a Michael Jackson. And now there is. It makes me so sad that I'll never get to hear a new song sung by him or run out to buy his new CD. It's a part of my life that is gone forever. Alright... now it's time to get a grip! I'm off to blast MJ songs and dance around the house with my little boy so he will know who the true King of Pop is :)

1 comment:

Elisha said...

Funny-shortly after I read that he died (on TMZ.com-before any other news had the story) I honestly thought of you! I'm so sorry for your loss.