Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Everything!

Happy Thanksgiving! Merry Christmas! Happy decorating and doing all of the fun things that come along with the holidays! And Happy New Year!
Whew! We've been busy and it's only getting better! I cannot express the magic and fun we experience with Holdyn during the holidays. This was one of the things I was not prepared for when I had Holdyn. Every year, I get more and more emotional this time of year. It is just more fun than I can handle! I am so grateful for the overwhelming emotions I feel for my family during the holidays. It reminds me of all that I have and how lucky I am.

Thanksgiving was so great :) We started at the Montys'...
Holdyn and Ryn pretty much keep each other occupied which is very nice for the moms! They love playing together...

The kids had their own darling table complete with Pilgrim hats, turkey finger puppets, and olives for their fingers...


Then we headed to my mom's and Holdyn got to play with 2 of his very favorite people...
We had a great day :) Thank you to our parents for all of the hard work that goes into Thanksgiving dinner.
Cory usually makes me wait until the end of Thanksgiving weekend to get a tree, but now that Holdyn and I can gang up on him together, we convinced him that we should get one the day after Thanksgiving! Holdyn was on a tree hunt...

We quickly found the perfect tree and hurried home so Daddy and
Holdyn could put the lights on...
Next, it was Mom and Holdyn's turn to decorate...
Holdyn loved pulling out all of the decorations and ornaments. He found lots of Christmas stories in the Christmas box...
And made a train of ornaments...
Add ImageWe have a tradition that every year we get at least 1 new ornament. Typically we get the ornament on whatever vacation we go on that year. Here's one of our new ornaments...
(Playa Del Carmen)

And here's Buddy's ornament...
But this is my favorite of the year!
I want to go back to Disneyland right now!
The final product!
(Seriously, doesn't this face just bring you back to how magical Christmas was when you were a kid?!)

So much more fun to come! Enjoy the holidays... they always fly by :)

3 comments:

The Emerys said...

The Holidays are so great with kids! Looks like you guys have been having a blast. I hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Swayt Family said...

I love the story! I need to see my little guy...Brody and I have been missing him! Love you all :)

Scott and Jetti said...

I love your family! Holdyn is so stinkin cute!