Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 Resolution

I have never really made New Year's Resolutions before, but because of this last year... it feels like an important thing for me to do. Mostly because this last year has been rough. Cory, Holdyn and I had to face some tough stuff in 2008. For the most part, we persevered through and it made us stronger. I am a big believer in Karma, but I think this last year karma got lost! I think if we know better and do better, our lives are better. The key part of that is DO BETTER. I know many people, including myself, who know better, but don't always do better. I don't want to group myself in with those people anymore. I want to rise above, and I don't mean be superior, I want to genuinely do better so I can feel better. I think that's the first step to bringing better Karma into our lives. I want to live each day knowing I felt and acted the best I could, because if you are the best mom, wife, employee, loved one, and friend you can be... you really KNOW you've done the best you can. I have a hard time having a pity party for myself and the shitty things that have happened this year. It's not that I think we deserved them, but I think I let a lot of negativity in when I should have let it pass me right by. I have never in my life had so much conflict as I've had this year and I can't believe I've let it get to me. So... I have 1 major resolution for 2009... LET IT GO. Let the negativity float on past me. I will not let the things other people do affect me. I won't go home and stew about something that hurts my heart because I have no control over it. I will figure out a healthy way to process it and get it out of my brain. If I can just do that in 2009, I will be happy. But, there are some other goals I would like to get accomplished. BUY A NEW HOUSE or be ready by the end of the year to buy a new house. I am so not looking forward to this. We need a new house because we are on a busy road and only have one spare bedroom upstairs. We would like to have a new addition in the next year or so and Holdyn is not nearly old enough to move into one of the basement rooms. So as much as I do not want to go through the stressful process of purchasing a new home, moving, etc... It needs to be done and I'd like to get it out of the way. PAY OFF DEBTS - We have been working on this since June of this year and have done a pretty good job, if I do say so myself. We could easily pay off most of our debt by the end of 2009, but wouldn't it be fantastic if we could pay off all of it!! It would be difficult, but a goal I will strive for.

I need to write these things down so that next December I can read this and pat myself on the back and make some new, hopefully not so life changing, resolutions and feel good about 2009. I'm excited to begin this year. I have a great feeling about where we'll be by the end of 2009 :) Here we go...

1 comment:

Elisha said...

Good for you Tay. I don't know of all the difficulty you experienced this year, but I hope you have let it go and will continue to let negativity go in 2009. I love you and I am excited for you and your goals for a new house, paying off debt and a new addition :)