Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So Far This Summer...

This is the Summer fun we've had so far :)


Our summer really began Memorial Day Weekend. We pretty much swam the whole weekend. It was very relaxing and Holdyn loved it! It didn't take Holdyn long to love to swim again :) He was jumping off the side and jumping off the diving board! I think we wore him out pretty good because he got his very first beating (butt swat) on Memorial Day. Don't worry... he absolutely deserved it! We had so much fun swimming with our favorite pregnant gals over the weekend. Jamie and Nicole were both weeks away from giving birth and they are both way more darling than I am in a swimsuit! Holdyn loves talking about the babies in his aunts' bellies and talks about all the things he's going to teach "Aunt Jamie's baby!"
I can't wait for those boys to be best friends :)


We've been super busy these past couple months getting our yard done and playing outside every second Holdyn is awake! These are my first flower beds that have actually lasted longer than a couple weeks! I have really enjoyed them and appreciate all the hard work Cory and Carter spent on them.
Grandpa got tired of hearing me call on every KSL ad out there for a little play gym for our monkey. So he gave us some money to buy this...

Holdyn LOVES it! Thanks Grandpa :)

We've also been playing in Holdyn's frog pool...

Daddy even filled it up with warm water and added bubbles so he could take a bath in it!

I love this picture of him with his gardening glove (Thanks Aunt Amber!) and his shovel!

One quick funny story because I never want to forget it... Holdyn loves the Peacocks in Aunt Amber's backyard. He calls them "Cock Cocks!" The other day, Amber asked him what his favorite bird was, thinking he was going to say cock cocks. Well, he pointed to his arm and said "Daddy's birds!" Daddy had just gotten 3 Tody birds tattooed on his arm and this response did not make Aunt Anti-Tattoo very happy! But I laughed super hard. He is for sure his dad's son!

I threw a baby shower for Jamie at the end of May and it was so fun! I love seeing all the cute baby gifts. Jamie looks so darling (you can tell I'm pretty tired!) Baby Brody will be here any day now!!

Holdyn did something the other day that made me cry and laugh all at the same time. Carter and Cory were wrestling around with me and Holdyn lost his mind on them! He ran right up to Carter and kept wailing on him until he left me alone! It was the sweetest thing to have my little boy immediately rescue me without any thought in his mind that he could get hurt in all of the ruckus. He is a daddy's boy for the most part, but I know that he loves his Mama and would do anything to protect me :) Having a little boy has been so special to me. I know I will always have him to watch over me.

Daddy got a new toy so Holdyn has been going to the park to watch daddy play! He loves being able to run around and play with the big boys. It's so funny to watch these kites fly those boys!

One of my favorite summer nights so far was when we had a picnic at the park and watched daddy fly the kite. I got to sit on my butt while Holdyn munched on his corn on the cob, played baseball, and ran up and down all the hills...



Uncle Carter brought him some bug juice, which he LOVES!
But not as much as he loves his uncle!


He is a cute little monster :)

We went to last week and Holdyn LOVED it! He ran around to every exhibit at least 10 times. He was a little scared of the Jelly Fish, but he loved looking at all the fishies. He wouldn't touch the sting rays or the star fish. He kept telling me, "Look Mama! Ewww, sick!" He needs a little friend though. He kept running up to all of the little kids and following them around. Poor kid needs some playmates! Of course we didn't get any pictures because Holdyn broke my damn camera right before we got to The Aquarium. Oh the joys of having a little boy!
We can't wait for all of the Summer fun to come!

3 comments:

Scott and Jetti said...

Sweet post! I love keeping up on your life! Love ya lots!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elisha said...

How fun and exciting!!! One month into summer and you've already done so many fun things...I can't wait to hear what else is in store :)
We love and miss you, and love seeing all of Holdyn's adorable faces!!!
XOXOX