Thursday, July 10, 2008

Anniversary #2

So last year, I was so high on pain killers from popping out that 9.5 lb creature, that I don't remember me and Cory's anniversary. So this year, I wanted to do something extra fun. The only problem is... We are trying to pay everything off so we can get a house in the next decade. So I decided camping would be the cheapest fun thing we could do. I have not camped in a tent for an extremely long time so I'm not going to lie, I was a little worried. Especially since we were camping in human-hungry bear territory. Our campsite was beautiful, we were right on the banks of a beautiful river and had nothing around us but bear-loving back country. We fished, made smores, played Uno (I am the champion), took the CRV on some questionable trails, and just enjoyed our time with each other. It was all fun and games until I almost died. I thought it would be fun to go to the Mt Timponogas Caves. Never ever again. The hike up to the caves almost did me in for good. As some of you know, I don't really like to move, so this was probably a lot harder on me than most. Cory was amazing and gave me lots of motivation to keep going. I really wanted Cory to see the caves as he had never been there before, so that's what kept me going. That and lots of resting! The caves were very neat and I'm glad I did it. We packed up early the next day and headed for Lagoon! Yes, I love Lagoon and was happy to spend my anniversary there! The white roller coaster is still my favorite, although that Wicked through us both for a loop! It honestly could not have been a better weekend. For some reason, camping is one of the most romantic things in my book. I love my husband and I hope we can continue to work hard and still be happy for our 50th anniversary.

Cory setting up the tent.




Tibble Fork


On one of our crazy off road adventures

The hike that almost killed me

Fishing at Silver Lake

No comments: