Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Holdyn's Bath History


This is how Holdyn's first bath went...









Not Great. His mom was in way worse shape than him! But then, brilliant Aunt Nicole told us to wrap him up in a towel and put him in the bath...


It went much better! And ever since then, he has loved his baths. We went from the newborn tub in the sink, to the bigger than newborn but not quite infant tub in the sink...

We got to the point where we practically had to fold him to fit in the tub...

So mom finally gave in and got him a big boy tub and man did he love it!...











Then, all of a sudden, he started screaming hysterically when we would put him in the bath. It was as if we were putting him in boiling hot water. Total melt down. So we tried different temperatures, different toys, different bath times. Sometimes he would do great and other times he would freak! So we discovered one trick that worked every time...

But, as you can expect, Daddy wasn't able to do this every night and I'm pretty sure his back would start to hurt soon! So Dad then resorted to showering with Holdyn, which seemed to go over better. But from my one, very slippery, shower with Holdyn, I learned that it's very easy for a soapy, 23 lb baby to slither out of your arms. So I decided that we needed to come up with something else. That something else was take away all the baby tubs and drop in some fizzy things that change the water colors. This was the result....








One happy, hydrated half purple boy! Success! One problem solved, 701 million more to go!

6 comments:

Sara and Nick said...

I just want to eat him up with kisses!

Tawny said...

Today I was going to give you shit for not posting anything in awhile...So I go to your page to rant and you have this adorable post! Good job! Love it!

Kirby Chandler Monty said...

hey hey hey i was there for holdyn's first bath:) what a little shit! HAHA jk I LOVE HIM OH OH SO MUCH

montysblog said...

Where did you get the purple water? Ryn would never get out . . .she would turn purple! I love Holdyn in the nude . . .he is so yummy!!

Jess said...

Cute baby buns! He has the sweetest grin.

Gibbons Family said...

Okay sorry but I am tagging you - come check out my blog to see what to do! By the way I love the bath time history!