Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Sweet" Little Boy

So last night I was loving my little boy and thinking about how well behaved he's been recently. It was my favorite part of the day... Right after Holdyn gets done with dinner and I am getting him nakey for his shower with dad. After he is all free from the awful restriction of clothes and diaper, he likes to stand up on his changing table, put his head on my shoulder, and we slow dance. It really is the sweetest thing in the world. He lets this happen for about 2 minutes before he realizes that his dad is in the shower without him and he's done with his mom. Anyway, after I handed him off to the way-more-fun dad, I started thinking about how sweet my little boy is. I mean, how many one year olds like to dance with their moms? And then 20 minutes later I found myself having to use both hands and my left foot to get that "sweet" little boy's diaper on because the way-mean-mom took him out of the shower and he was pissed! So I am appreciating the sweet moments more and more. It's such a roller coaster!



On another note, Holdyn had his 1 year check up yesterday. He has always been very funny at Dr appointments. He has this curious, amused, little smile on his face the entire time the Dr is examining him. He laughs when the Dr looks in his ears... he tried to hit the nurse after she gave him his shots... And according to the doctor, KABOOM is not a typical word one year olds say! Holdyn can make anything fun, even a Dr appointment!

3 comments:

Tawny said...

Awww! How sweet is little Holdyn! I can't wait to read about all his mile-stones via blogging :-)

Kirby Chandler Monty said...

TAY! i got a blog too! i just am not to sure how to work it yet haha it was fun playing with you last night :) hope i can go to powell with you too we'll have a hell of a time love you and your sweet baby!

Gibbons Family said...

Taylor,

I had no idea that you had a blog. I am so glad that you found me. Damon loves to slow dance with me too... but like you said, not for long because he usually realizes he is missing out on something! I feel exactly the same about how precious these moments are. I tell Dave every day that Damon is never going to be this little again, so enjoy every minute! Have a good one.

Heidi Gibbons