Friday, September 19, 2008

Monty Compound

Alright people, are you ready for this? My husband is building a snowboard park in our back yard. This is the beginning stage of the drop in. I haven't personally measured it, but from my observations, it's 12-15 feet tall. There will be stairs up the back (by the tree) and there will be 2 drop ins coming off.













Here is what it looks like now, the 1st ramp is ready to be sheeted...




















Here is the drop in and the rail these crazy boys will be
jumping onto after boarding down the ramp...



And the view from the top...


I'm sure that those of you who know Cory aren't all that surprised by this. But I've been a little bit surprised at people's reactions. They can't believe I am allowing this to happen in our back yard. I look at it like this... We will never be in a home that we will be able to do this at again. Cory was gone 2 nights a week last Winter boarding, so this will keep him at home a little bit more. And Cory is so excited about it and I really love to see how happy it makes him. Plus I have a constant parade of cute boys in my house, sometimes they even have their shirts off. Everyday when I get off work I walk to the back yard to hear all about the progress made, shaking my head in confusion. I really don't understand how boys can get so excited about this. But as far as I'm concerned, I'll let Cory play because it makes him happy. And Holdyn is going to have so much fun sledding down those ramps!

3 comments:

montysblog said...

Boy Boys Boys . . . it doesnt get any better then that! Holdyn will love sliding down the ramps. I had no idea they were so big. I just kinda pictured little ramps . . .ummm I was super wrong! You are a very good wife :)

Elisha said...

That would never fly in our neighborhood-our HOA would never approve something like that! THANK GOD!

Jess said...

I that's a pretty serious sledding hill...! You'll have to let us know when it is up and running. Maybe Dan will give it a try. I am a chicken when it comes to "park" stuff. Give me some nice backcountry any day, though.